Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Definitely my last...



I decided that God was trying to tell me something when I started off my last 5K on the pavement. There was a little boy that knocked over the man beside me and into me and made the man in front of me brake, which caused the man behind me to step on my heels, and lets just say the knees did not look pretty. That will be my last race until baby #3 arrives. I know you all didn't think, "last baby"? Ask me after #3 gets here:) It's was definitely a good race and I still finished with my best time ever, 25:35 and came in second in my division. Spence also decided to do the 1 mile fun run and we had a good time running that together. I think I can see the passion of running in him, maybe. I hope. He's a great runner already and loves being outside anyway. This race was also special to Spencer and I because it was the first race that our dental office has sponsored locally. We received "sponsor" shirts and got a beautiful marble plaque for that too. The Marble Festival is a full day of races, parades, and festivities for all ages. We look forward to doing this again!

1 comment:

  1. Great fun! I'm glad you are the one teaching him to run!!! The rest of us in the Griffeth family tend to run too long in one place!
    Love,
    MOM G

    ReplyDelete